We have commissioned Economist Impact (part of The Economist Group) to produce an international thought leadership research programme that explores the future of technology-driven decarbonisation in cities.
The aim of the study is to identify the top 12 decarbonisation technologies for cities around the world. The research and analysis being carried out by Economist Impact will address questions such as:
- Which technologies offer the biggest opportunities in the urban context?
- How can viable technologies be scaled up in the urban context?
- What role can finance play in stimulating uptake of viable technologies in cities?
- How can incentive regimes and policy stimulus support commercial viability?
- Which cities provide best-practice examples for advances in decarbonisation?