Damocles joined Osborne Clarke in 2013 and during this time has regularly advised clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and capital market fundraisings.

He regularly works with listed public companies and private companies primarily within the real estate and infrastructure and transport and automotive sectors. He takes a particular interest in the role of technology as an enabler within these sectors.

In addition to advising UK clients, Damocles also works with multinationals providing guidance on the UK legal issues to cross border transactions.

Work

QinetiQ

Advising QinetiQ on multiple acquisitions including buying Meggitt Target Systems Limited, the purchase of 85% of Inzpire Group Limited with an option to acquire the remaining 15% and UK legal advice in relation to the acquisition of E.I.S. Aircraft Operations.

Leonardo

Advising Leonardo on the disposal of its 50% interest in Aviation Training International Limited, which provides attack helicopter training service solutions for aircrew, groundcrew and maintenance training.

Babcock

Providing UK legal and strategic advice to Babcock Marine & Technology on the acquisition of a 50% interest in a joint venture vehicle established to exploit the development and use of liquefied natural gas as a marine fuel. The acquisition also included negotiations for the future relationship with Babcock's joint venture partner, Bernhard Schulte Group. Read more.

London & Country Mortgages Limited

Advising L&C Mortgages and its shareholders on the acquisition by Experian Ltd of a 25% minority stake in L&C Mortgages, the UK's leading fee free mortgage adviser (L&C). Read more.

Hupac SA

Providing UK legal advice to Hupac SA for its acquisition of ERS Railways B.V. from the Genesee & Wyoming group. The ERS group comprises operations in the Netherlands and Germany, including a 47% stake in the Hamburg-based railway company boxXpress.

Glide

Long term advisers to the Glide group (formerly known as CableCom), including various acquisitions, disposals and corporate advisory projects.

Tribal Group plc

Advised main market listed Tribal Group plc on a rights issue and disposal to raise a total of £41m.

Galliford Try Group

Acted for Galliford Try plc and its subsidiaries in relation to various joint venture arrangements with other developers and registered providers of social housing.

Insights