International legal practice Osborne Clarke advised QinetiQ Holdings Limited on a majority, 85% acquisition, of Inzpire Group Limited for a total consideration of £23.5 million. The agreement also provides for QinetiQ to acquire the remaining 15% after two years,.

A leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets, QinetiQ's investment will strengthen its offering in defence operational training and mission systems. This area represents significant growth for the firm as customers around the world increasingly recognise the need to enhance their training capabilities cost effectively.

Inzpire is a leading provider of operational training and mission systems for military customers in the UK and internationally. Approximately three quarters of its revenue comes from airborne training and evaluation services, primarily for the Royal Air Force. The balance of its revenue is from the sale of aviation mission system products ranging from standalone tablets to full mission support systems integrated with aircraft avionics.

The Osborne Clarke team was led Partner Conrad Davies who was supported by Damocles Merry and Annie Nelson. This is the third transaction the firm has advised QinetiQ Group on, having acted on its €70m acquisition of E.I.S. Aircraft Operations earlier this year and the £57.5m acquisition of Meggitt Target Systems in 2016.

Nigel Major, Director of M&A at QinetiQ commented: “The transaction was certainly complex for a company of this size, and Osborne Clarke’s service was excellent throughout, with a high degree of commercial sensitivity and responsiveness.”

Osborne Clarke is a recognised industry leader in aerospace and defense providing a comprehensive sector-led service that provides critical legal support to companies at all levels in the supply-chain. The team has a detailed understanding of the issues facing businesses in the sector and they work in partnership with clients, to deliver focused and cost-effective advice and support.

Corporate communications and press contacts

If you are a journalist and would like comment or background from our legal experts, we can help. Our team will put you in touch with the best person. View a full list of our international press contacts by jurisdiction here.

Connect with one of our experts