Osborne Clarke has advised web and app testing provider Appmatics on Hannover Finanz's entry with a minority stake of 40 percent. 

Appmatics is a full-service provider for software testing – the company's customers can thus ensure that applications run smoothly. Since its founding in 2014, the Appmatics team of experts with its trained in-house testers has supported companies in the development process in around 450 projects and relieves the lack of speed and quality in development projects with QA solutions. Appmatics takes over the entire testing process for the companies and provides immediate comprehensive error reports so that the developers can fix them directly. In addition to potential errors, specific recommendations for action also address optimisation and any performance weaknesses to ensure that the app or website runs smoothly and error-free. Appmatics' customers include Eurowings, Deutsche Bahn and TUI.

Now the next growth step is on the horizon: Appmatics founders Christian Groebe and Ayk Odabasyan have agreed to a minority stake of 40 percent from a new shareholder, Hannover Finanz. The remaining 60 percent will remain with the two founders. The Cologne-based company wants to use the newly acquired capital to be prepared for the new requirements, which include the testing of AI-based solutions.

“A trusting investment partnership that gives us the necessary freedom for our vision and further development, but provides advisory support for essential steps, was a basic requirement for us,” says Christian Groebe. “We can benefit greatly from the know-how and network,” says Ayk Odabasyan.

The Osborne Clarke team advising Appmatics, led by Nicolas Gabrysch, consisted of Fabian Mimberg, Benedikt Hülsmann, Victor Robertz (all Corporate / VC), Dr Jens Wrede, Florian Merkle, Pascal Franz, Justus Thomsen (all Tax), Olexiy Oleshchuk, Irina Kharag (both Finance), Konstantin Ewald, Adrian Schneider, Lucie Fassbender (all IT) and Nils-Frederik Wiehmann (Employment).

Corporate communications and press contacts

If you are a journalist and would like comment or background from our legal experts, we can help. Our team will put you in touch with the best person. View a full list of our international press contacts by jurisdiction here.