- Business advisory
- Company secretarial
- Corporate real estate
- Equity capital markets
- International expansion and growth
- Investment funds
- Joint ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity - management advisory
- Private equity - sponsors
- Reorganisations and demergers
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Venture and growth capital
Osborne Clarke has a market leading venture and growth capital practice across Europe, renowned for its work in the technology, financial services, renewable energy and life sciences sectors. We act for clients on fund establishment and on investments across the corporate lifecycle and are able to support growth no matter what is needed.
- For companies and their management teams: We advise on large venture and growth rounds around the globe, typically raising between £10 to £100 million. We handle over 250 investment rounds per year. We also help companies to borrow venture debt facilities, convertible loans and other forms of alternative finance. In addition, we provide incentives, employment, share options, regulatory and IP advice, all specifically focused on venture-backed growth companies in their relevant sector, looking to transform existing markets with their technology.
- Specifically for start-ups: We also advise on much earlier / smaller seed rounds, usually handling over 100 investments in the sub £5 million range per year (typically £250k to £5m). We will always look at each client as a unique opportunity to help with tailored sector focused support. We offer a range of pricing approaches and to build lasting relationships. We also work with many of the leading research institutions, including Imperial College, King’s College London, UCL, Oxford and Cambridge. We try to operate like your in-house lawyers: always available for you, but without the cost of hiring internal expertise.
- For investors: We advise a growing number of top tier international funds and corporate investors on international venture and growth capital investments. These investors turn to us for our market knowledge and hands on experience. We also have a fantastic venture funds formation practice to support our institutional client base, and advise both high profile and emerging GPs on their fund formations with a particular focus on the venture space (we are typically working on 5-10 fund formations at any time), providing legal, regulatory and tax support as required.
- Exits: We are there at all of the key moments, and actively look to help companies (and their investors) get the best terms possible at exit – be that a trade sale or IPO. We have advised numerous VC-backed companies on trade sales to serial technology acquirers such as Cisco, Google, Apple, Facebook and Microsoft.
We advised on the $350m exit to Vonage Inc, having acted for NVM on its previous equity financings, read more.
Business Growth Fund
We advised BGF on its £6m investment in driverless car software developer Oxbotica (as part of a $47m round), read more.
We advised the lead investor on the $30m series D investment in Lumeon – a leader in care pathway orchestration, read more.
We advised the company on a EUR 30m series A round led by Wellington Partners and Ancora, read more.
Secure Code Warrior
Advised Secure Code Warrior on the closure of its $47.6M Series B round led by Goldman Sachs. Read more >
We advised on the $83 million Series C financing led by Novo Ventures and Sanofi Ventures, read more.
We advised the Company, the London Gigafast broadband provider, on a £50m funding round from RPMI and Amber Infrastructure, read more.
Advised on fund IV formation.
Advising firstminute on its establishment and launch of its two venture funds, most recently firstminute capital II LP (target $125m)
Advising Passion Capital on the launch of its third venture fund, Passion Capital III LP (£m).
Advising PROfounders on its establishment and launch of its second fund (£[60m])
Advising on the MMC Scale-up Fund and MMC Greater London Fund.