Hannah is an experienced Legal Director in our Commercial team in the digital media and telecoms sector. Hannah leads our telecoms regulatory practice and is an active participant in key industry groups. She specialises in commercial contracts and provides regulatory advice on telecoms regulation, broadcast regulation and consumer law.
Hannah's specialist practice sits at the heart of digital transformation and convergence, combining specialist in-depth telecoms regulatory knowledge with commercial expertise in supporting broadcast, content and consumer IoT clients.
She has a broad range of experience supporting clients throughout the lifecycle of their businesses from global regulatory compliance, product development, ecommerce and launching online platforms and marketplaces to rights/content acquisition, customer facing platforms and T&Cs and wholesale distribution arrangements.
Hannah advises her digital media clients on:
- complex content rights acquisition and distribution;
- format rights and licensing;
- supporting the development of new services, applications and platforms;
- multi-jurisdictional regulatory compliance projects; and
- broadcasting regulation.
Her experience in advising clients providing connected services and products includes:
- understanding and applying the UK Communications Act and General Conditions of Entitlement and European Electronic Communications Code;
- the procurement, management, development and distribution of the Internet of Things (IoT) and connected products and services;
- MVNO arrangements;
- Wholesale / indirect distribution of services for B2B (large and small business) and consumer;
- multi-jurisdictional regulatory compliance projects;
- DAS and in-building coverage solutions;
- application of the EU geo-blocking regulation to IoT; and
- undertaking a regulatory health-check for businesses launching into the UK, potential acquisition targets and in preparation for investment or exit.
Hannah is recommended in Legal 500 for her TMT experience.
During her 10+ years at Osborne Clarke, Hannah has spent over three years in-house at a range of businesses including Vodafone, Virgin Media and News UK helping her to understand the day-to-day pressures that our clients experience and how to deliver advice in a concise, clear and pragmatic way. Hannah's recent in-house experience has had a particular focus on product development.
Advising Vodafone on its MVNO agreement with Virgin Media, including 5G.
Advised on its distribution and reseller agreements globally for its direct to consumer content services.
IoT solutions provider
Carried out a regulatory health check of a target mobile business prior to acquisition to assist the management in understanding the level of regulatory compliance within the target business.
Supported on the launch of Freeview Play by negotiating agreements with the launch content providers and device manufacturers.
Unified Communications Provider
Advising this unified communications business on the regulatory aspects of porting numbers and advising on managing communications with Ofcom to achieve a positive result.
Business communications provider
Advised this b2b unified communications provider on compliance with telecoms regulatory requirements and review and update of its customer T&Cs and partner agreements.
Advised a UK-based transactional VOD provider on its licensing arrangements and website consumer and data protection compliance project.
Global Communications Provider
Advising this communications provider on the development of its enterprise and consumer Internet of Things offerings including updating templates and processes to meet the European regulatory framework.
Ofcom confirms definitions and end-user protection rules for the European Electronic Communications Code
The regulator will lift financial thresholds from business customer definitions and ban mobile network providers from selling locked devices –...
UK digital ministry postpones implementation of telecoms obligations on 'over the top' services but confirms they will be subject to...
Telecoms industry feedback prompts regulator to significantly change proposals for defining categories of business and for the scope of annual...
An all-round good result for European providers emerges from telecom regulators' latest annual reports, with net neutrality generally upheld and...