Challenging investment conditions and an ever tougher regulatory environment means that only the very best funds will succeed. Our lawyers make their experience and market knowledge count where it matters, giving our clients the support to they need in order to thrive. We can advise on the structuring and formation of a variety of investment funds, from first-time funds to large, complex, cross-border structures, and support fund managers on all aspects of their business.
Our services include:
- Asset investment
- Complex, tax-driven, cross-border legal structures
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Fund management business set-up
- Fund manager removal/replacement
- Investment agreements
- Investment fund structuring and formation (including private equity, venture capital, real estate, hedge, debt and infrastructure funds)
- Investment-related M&A and acquisition finance
- M&A regulatory advice on all aspects of fund formation, promotion and operation
- Secondary sales tax structuring and also personal tax planning advice to managers
We also act for a range of investors from high net worth/family office investors to large pension schemes and fund-of-funds on investments into new and existing funds as well as secondary trades.
Advised on all aspects of structuring and establishment of the Niam Nordic VI closed-ended real estate fund with equity commitments of €800 million.
Advised on the launch of its £60m Regional Investment Fund, targeting small PE investments in the North West of England, as well as a number of environmental infrastructure LP style funds.
Advised on the establishment of CD Capital Natural Resources Fund II, a Cayman Island domiciled fund primarily targeting US institutional investors, and making private equity investments in the natural resources sector.
Notion Capital Partners
Advised on the launch of its technology-focused venture funds: Notion Capital 2 and Notion Capital III, its move into the growth capital space and its first managed account.
Illuminate Financial Management
Advised on the launch of its first fund, focusing on early stage investments in the global fintech market, and the joint venture arrangements between it and its cornerstone investors.
Advised on the formation of its Social Impact Bond Fund, and several successive property funds focusing on investments in properties and property-backed operating businesses in niche sectors.