Claire has more than fifteen years’ employment law experience with a focus on strategic and business critical employment issues.
Claire has a particular interest in business protection matters, including restrictive covenants, team moves, confidentiality restraints and business protection litigation.
Claire also launched our regular "Evolving Workplace" thought leadership sessions that examine how an employer can adapt to the Future of Work. She is also actively involved in the support of businesses as they continue to respond to the impact of COVID-19, including the implications of hybrid and agile working.
Aside from the usual “bread and butter” contentious and non-contentious employment issues, key areas of expertise include:
- Board terminations, board disputes and change management
- Board and HR "Agenda for Change" issues, including the promotion of diversity, opportunity and employee engagement
- The management of high reputational risk issues, such as whistleblowing and discrimination claims
- Restructurings and collective redundancies
- Workforce transfer matters, including outsourcing, insourcing, offshoring and all other TUPE related issues
- Acquisitions, disposals and management buy outs
- Employee and worker status issues, IR35
Claire acts for a vast range of clients, from public to private, multinationals to start-ups, senior executives and high net worth individuals / families.
While Claire draws a large number of clients from the TMC, Transport and Workforce Solutions sectors, she also represents a variety of businesses – including a Premiership football club, an international airline and a number of multinational technology solution and IT security companies.
Clients appreciate her straight forward and commercial focused advice, and as a result Claire is a core member of the Management Advisory Group and the Workforce Solutions (including Recruitment Businesses) sector.
Claire started her career at White & Case, and joined Osborne Clarke from Baker & McKenzie. She is a member of the Employment Lawyers’ Association.