Webinar | GDPR Deep Dive
Special Edition: Data Transfers from the EU and the UK to the U.S. – Is the EU/UK-U.S. Data Privacy Framework the answer to all questions?
We are pleased to invite you to a special edition of Osborne Clarke Germany's webinar series - the "GDPR Deep Dives – Putting Data Protection into Practice", on Thursday, 23 November 2023 at (by way of exception) 9:30 am CET.
On 10 July 2023, the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework has become effective. According to the decision of the EU Commission, the Framework has the effect that the US provide an adequate level of data protection as per Art. 45 GDPR, so that transfers of personal data to recipients in the U.S. are generally permissible, if the recipient participates in this Framework. The UK Extension to this Framework has become effective on 12 October 2023, so that also companies that are subject to the UK GDPR may benefit from this Framework.
In this special edition of the “GDPR Deep Dives” – which will be held in English – , Julia Kaufmann and Jonathan McDonald, leading experts in the field of data protection and privacy in Germany and the UK, will answer especially the following questions:
- What is the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework? And what is the UK Extension to this Framework?
- Under which conditions may companies transfer data from the EU / UK to the U.S. based on this Framework?
- Do companies have to take accompanying measures when relying on the Framework?
- What are the alternatives to the Framework that may (still) be used for data transfers to the U.S.?
- Which transfer mechanism (Data Privacy Framework, Standard Contractual Clauses etc.) should be used in which situation?
We look forward to your participation!
In the GDPR Deep Dives we present you the most important, current and interesting topics in the field of data protection and GDPR - understandably, in-depth and to the point. Always with a strong focus on the practical implementation of data protection requirements in the company: "Put data protection into practice"!