Tax advice for corporate transactions
Complex tax structuring is often a feature of corporate transactions. A transaction might have tax risks and issues that are sometimes inherent, and at other times may arise in the course of the dealings. The various parties in a transaction are likely to have their own tax objectives that need to be considered. In addition, agreement from the tax authorities may be necessary to ensure that the transaction receives the correct tax treatment.
We have a team of tax specialists who provide savvy advice, support and solutions for our corporate clients. Our experience ensures that we provide tax solutions within the commercial context of the matter, spot and address issues early on, and correctly implement the tax planning of the various parties.
How we can help you
Our tax specialists advise on the tax aspects of all types of corporate transactions, including:
- structuring acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures, including advising on pre-sale reorganisations, post-acquisition integration and tax implications of deal financing from both a domestic and international tax perspective
- structuring private equity transactions
- advising management and shareholders on exit strategies, disposals, reinvestments and roll-overs
- drafting and negotiating the tax provisions of share and business sale documentation, including tax warranties and indemnities, undertaking (in certain jurisdictions) tax due diligence and ensuring such documentation correctly implements the parties' tax planning
- reviewing and negotiating tax warranty and indemnity insurance policies
- advising on the tax treatment of transaction expenses
We are also highly experienced in dealing with the tax authorities on corporate transactions when this is required.
Our corporate transaction tax lawyers
We have tax specialists in all of our European jurisdictions. They combine technical expertise and strong sector knowledge that can help you achieve your business's commercial objectives. The team works closely with lawyers in our corporate team to advise on the tax aspects of all types of corporate transactions.
Advising Notonthehighstreet and its management team on the sale of the company to growth equity firm Great Hill Partners.
Advised the shareholders of Fortius Group Limited on the sale of the company to Affidea Group.
Advised BGF on its investment in Stark, a leading provider of energy data and analytics services.
Acting for management on investment by LDC.