Within the Osborne Clarke Tax Group we have a team of tax specialists who combine technical expertise and strong sector knowledge to provide commercially led advice and transactional structuring solutions and transaction support for corporate clients. Our experience ensures that we provide tax solutions within the commercial context of the matter and spot and address issues early on. We work closely with our colleagues in our corporate group to advise on the tax aspects of corporate transactions including advising on:
- structuring acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures, including advising on pre-sale reorganisations, post-acquisition integration and tax implications of deal financing from both a domestic and international tax perspective;
- structuring private equity transactions;
- advising management and shareholders on exit strategies, disposals, reinvestments and roll-overs;
- drafting and negotiating the tax provisions of share and business sale documentation, including tax warranties and indemnities, undertaking (in certain jurisdictions) tax due diligence and ensuring such documentation correctly implements the parties' tax planning;
- reviewing and negotiating tax warranty and indemnity insurance policies;
- advising on the tax treatment of transaction expenses.
Advising Notonthehighstreet and its management team on the sale of the company to growth equity firm Great Hill Partners, read more.
Advised the shareholders of Fortius Group Limited on the sale of the company to Affidea Group. Read more >
Advised BGF on its investment in Stark, a leading provider of energy data and analytics services. Read more >
Acting for management on investment by LDC.