Norvin is a Senior Associate in Osborne Clarke’s Singapore office.
He advises clients on commercial contracts, intellectual property rights, and data privacy especially in new and developing areas of law.
Before joining Osborne Clarke, Norvin had in-house experience in a post-Series B SaaS startup and experience as a corporate tax lawyer in one of Singapore's Big Four firms.
Norvin enjoys coding in Python. He is keenly interested in how the law and technology intersect and his achievements in this area include:
- Consulting in the area of legal data analytics to support the Online Dispute Resolution project implemented by the Singapore judiciary, and the pilot ontology project implemented by the Singapore Academy of Law;
- Creating data and statistical models for criminal sentencing with the project cited in Parliament;
- Winning the first prize in Singapore Legal Futures Competition organised by the Ministry of Law;
- Winning second place in the Global Legal Hackathon organised by Singapore Academy of Law for a trust structure implemented on a blockchain; and
- Teaching lawyers how to program in workshops under the Singapore Academy of Law.
Academically, he won the Rajah & Tann tax prize which was awarded to the top student in the area of corporate tax in the National University of Singapore.
Norvin is a member of the Law Society of Singapore and the Singapore Academy of Law and a graduate from the National University of Singapore.