Being a good business – UK
We do business in a fair and sustainable way.
- We have structures in place to ensure compliance with standards and regulations and to protect our business for the future.
- We always seek feedback from our clients to continually improve the quality of our services.
- We want our spending to have a positive impact for society and environment and we are committed to preventing modern slavery in our supply chain.
- We treat our suppliers fairly, encouraging an open dialogue, collaboration and innovation.
- We report and reduce the environmental impact of our business and consider sustainability wherever we can.
Landmark charter designed to support law firms with transition to Net Zero launches in UK
Osborne Clarke is one of the eight law firms to sign the Legal Charter 1.5, a landmark initiative designed to support law firms respond meaningfully to the climate crisis in the UK.
Osborne Clarke announces its commitment to a 2040 science-based net-zero target
Osborne Clarke has announced its long-term science-based target, to reach net-zero emissions by 2040, which is 10 years ahead of the original 2050 target. It is one of only a few UK firms that have made similar commitments in line with the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) Net Zero Standard.
2030 net-zero target validated
Our near-term net-zero target – to reduce our carbon emissions by 50% across all scopes by 2030 – has been validated by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
Osborne Clarke partners with Business in the Community on the Making Work Work Campaign
We joined Business in the Community (BITC), the largest and longest established business-led network dedicated to responsible business, founded 40 years ago by HRH The Prince of Wales.
Osborne Clarke commits to BITC's extended Race at Work Charter
Having joined Business in the Community's (BITC's) Race at Work Charter as signatories in September 2020, we took further action and signing up to the expanded Charter.
Osborne Clarke makes Greener Litigation Pledge
We signed the Greener Litigation Pledge, committing to reduce the environmental impact of our Disputes and Risk Practice Group
We stood with hundreds of businesses in a collective call to strengthen national climate targets ahead of the pivotal G20 and COP26 talks.
Committing to near and long-term carbon reduction targets
We announced our commitment to Science Based Targets as part of Net Zero Strategy – committing to near and long-term carbon reduction targets.