Scott is an Associate in the Disputes and Risk team at Osborne Clarke. He acts for a range of leading companies with a particular focus on the Technology, Media and Communications sector, advising them on dispute prevention and resolution, including both litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Areas of expertise include technology contracts, corporate and LLP disputes, and cross-border issues.
His recent experience includes:
- advising and concluding a settlement on behalf of a member of an LLP in respect of derivative actions brought on behalf of the LLP and its corporate member;
- acting for the majority shareholders in relation to an unfair prejudice petition brought under s. 994 Companies Act 2006;
- advising on letters of request for deposition of UK-based witnesses in overseas proceedings;
- advising on contractual and agency claims for commission relating to a Machine to Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions provider; and
- obtaining injunctive relief for a leading software and cloud-based solutions company.
Scott qualified in September 2018 after completing his training contract with Osborne Clarke. He is named in the Legal 500 as a "rising star".