Paul Anning talks to Finextra about PSD2 at the NextGen Banking Event
Published on 5th May 2016
On 3 March 2016, Finextra hosted a one-day event bringing together more than 200 people to hear the thoughts of industry expert speakers – incuding challenger banks, established banks, fintech startups, major technology and solution providers, government, regulators and our very own Payments law expert Paul Anning – on all the key topics impacting the banking business.
Presentations and interactive panel debates on the day included:
- the opening up of payment schemes and market access options for challenger banks;
- the emerging requirements of corporates and SMEs – and how banks can meet them;
- the views of challenger and established banks on what nextgen banking looks like;
- how to build and/or transform a bank – including the role of fintech innovation; and
- the changing regulatory environment – including PSD2.
It was the last of these topics that Paul presented on, and in the short video below Paul answers some questions about the implications (both in terms of compliance and strategy) of PSD2.