Osborne Clarke’s immigration team, together with its in-house client technology team, Osborne Clarke Solutions (“OC Solutions”), has launched a case management platform to make managing the employee immigration process significantly more efficient. Through the platform, businesses can manage the process from start to finish on a global scale. The case management platform has been adopted by OVO Energy for all of its immigration matters.
The platform, part of a suite of products from OC Solutions, has been created using cloud-based technology and delivers value by saving investment in costly software. It is completely customisable and can be adapted to suit any business. Simple and easy-to-use, it has the following features:
- One central location: Business can manage everything in one place from start to finish, saving time and money
- Interactive dashboard: To show the latest documents and upcoming deadlines specific to active immigration cases
- New case creation: Osborne Clarke can be easily instructed in new matters (both visas and licence reporting) and tailored questions mean all relevant information can be provided in one step, saving time by avoiding back and forth emails
- Live case tracking tool: An online instruction and case milestone reporting dashboard to save having to check case status. Automated emails are sent at each stage to confirm and keep parties updated
- Sponsor licence management and tracking facility: This ensures compliance with the essential UKVI requirements, which if breached can lead to a loss of the licence (and all migrant workers, fines, possible criminal sanctions and reputation damage
- Case deadline management and reminders: Automated reminders to help prevent visas expiring or key dates being missed. The consequences of missing a deadline can lead to individuals not being able to remain and being barred for up to 10 years
- Case calendar: To show key dates for each case and licence actions
- Integrated knowledge platform: Allows Osborne Clarke to share knowledge and useful reference guides. This allows changes in policies and concessions to be quickly communicated during these times of significant change and upheaval
- Secure document sharing: The ability to securely share documents on each matter or relating to the sponsor licence, and ensure documents are retained for future reference and compliance requirements
- Designed to grow with the client: The platform is not just UK focused – it can work for any number of jurisdictions and manage all global mobility matters
We needed a solution which would speed things up and ensure key steps weren’t missed” – Natasha McArthur, Talent Acquisition Director at OVO Energy
Natasha McArthur, Talent Acquisition Director at OVO Energy said:
“The process we had in place to manage our immigration matters wasn’t optimal. We needed a solution which would speed things up and ensure key steps weren’t missed. Enter Osborne Clarke – the Solutions team’s knowledge of HighQ, combined with the Immigration team’s legal expertise allowed them to create a bespoke tool which is easy-to-use and integrates seamlessly into our business. If you are struggling to make a particular process more efficient, and are looking for technology to provide an easier way, I would highly recommend working with Osborne Clarke”.
Alex Davy, Senior Solutions Manager and Joseph McWilliams, Senior UX Designer from OC Solutions created the tool. Adam Sinfield (Senior Immigration Manager), Helga Butler (Immigration Manager), Gavin Jones (Head of Immigration) and Tina Sayyah (Associate), provided legal advice to OVO Energy. The team are continuing to work with OVO Energy to develop the platform further.
To find out how it could work for you, contact a member of the Osborne Clarke Solutions team.
Osborne Clarke Solutions is Osborne Clarke’s dedicated technology team. The team offers a range of products to help make your business more efficient and cost effective. The team can digitally transform the way its clients work by creating solutions tailored to their unmet needs. Visit the Osborne Clarke Solutions webpage for more information.