Marc-Sebastian is a member of the Dispute and Risks Practice Group and advises national and international clients from all areas of mechanical and industrial plant construction and the maritime industry.
He mainly focuses on representing his clients in disputes in the pre-litigation phase and in proceedings before ordinary courts, national and in international arbitration proceedings and other dispute resolution methods (e.g. DAB proceedings). Marc-Sebastian specializes in handling especially technically complex disputes of all sizes. His clients value him not only for his efficient approach but also for his profound technical understanding and his accuracy in investigating the facts and transforming them into a legal argumentation.
Marc-Sebastian has represented clients in a wide range of technically complex disputes. Notable examples include
- the representation of a manufacturer of marine propulsion systems in an 80 million Euro lawsuit before a state court for alleged defects,
- the representation of a global manufacturer of water turbines and high-voltage generators in a multinational ICC arbitration in Paris,
- the representation of a state-owned railway company in an action for damages against a railway transport company due to a severe railway accident,
- the defence of a leading company for helium leakage testing equipment in a dispute in the automotive sector, and
- the ongoing advice to companies in the mega yacht construction industry on contract and claims management issues.
After his apprenticeship as a banker, he studied law in Kiel. During his legal clerkship he worked, among others, in a large law firm in Hamburg and at the Chamber of Commerce Abroad in Beijing. While working on his doctoral thesis on a subject of commercial criminal law, Marc-Sebastian worked for a Hamburg-based wholesale company. In 2011 he began his legal career in the litigation department of Latham & Watkins in Hamburg before moving to Taylor Wessing in 2014, where he specialized in disputes in the industrial plant construction and maritime industries. In January 2020 Marc-Sebastian joined Osborne Clarke as a partner in the Disputes and Risk Team.