Tom is a banking and finance lawyer and has worked in Osborne Clarke’s Bristol office since 2008, becoming a Partner in 2014.
Tom now leads our South West banking practice, but much of Tom’s work and various of his clients are based in London, so he also regularly works from Osborne Clarke’s London office.
Tom advises banks, borrowers and investors on a wide range of financing arrangements, but he spends most of his time focusing on:
- Corporate lending, particularly for technology and digital businesses;
- Acquisition finance, particularly private equity backed acquisitions;
- Specialty finance, particularly borrower base facilities for alternative lenders;
- Financial restructurings; and
- Advising corporate clients on treasury matters, including ISDAs.
Tom’s key bank clients include Barclays, NatWest, HSBC and Santander. Tom also works for a number of alternative lenders and private equity sponsors, some of the leading listed businesses in the south west, and also some leading fintech companies.
Tom is recognised as a leading individual in banking and finance law by both Chambers & Partners and Legal 500. Chambers describes Tom as being "very enjoyable to work with," while also quoting that he "strives to find solutions which work for both parties; he negotiates effectively and has the ability to cut through non-issues."