Matthew is a Partner in Osborne Clarke’s Corporate Group.
Matthew is a corporate lawyer who specialises in advising clients in the life sciences and healthcare sector. He advises on a wide range of corporate matters including venture capital investments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and IPOs and other securities issues. Matthew has worked with companies at all stages of development, from early-stage pre-revenue biotechnology companies through to listed plcs, as well as investment funds and investment banks operating within the sector.
Prior to joining Osborne Clarke, Matthew was General Counsel for one of the world’s largest life-sciences, nutrition and wellness focused venture capital investors. Before his move in-house Matthew worked for a number of international law firms both in the UK and in Australia.
Matthew’s experience includes advising:
- hVIVO plc, a leading services provider in viral challenge studies and laboratory services, on the offer for that company received from Open Orphan plc (which constituted a reverse takeover);
- Rhythm AI, a UK company focused on the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation (AF), on the closure of a £2.15m seed financing round;
- Inventages, in its capacity as a shareholder, on various M&A and other strategic transactions involving its portfolio companies both in the UK and internationally;
- a UK based pharmaceutical product development company on its acquisition of a German pharmaceutical company for €130 million and a related £52 million fundraising; and
- a consortium of venture capital funds on a Series C investment round in a UK based specialty pharmaceutical company.
Matthew Edwards is patient, attentive, flexible and extremely efficient. He goes above and beyond in every aspect and is a joy to work with."
Details on the funding of the 10-year strategy, which builds on the UK's world-class capability and on lessons from the...
Successor to a coronavirus support scheme as well as a new sovereign investment partnership offer crucial access to capital for...
Attracting, and retaining, talent in today's competitive job market is a key contributor to the success of many businesses. This...
London markets have remained open during the pandemic allowing for a surge in life sciences and healthcare sector deals including...
The Covid-19 pandemic has disrupted the global economy and left UK businesses with critical capabilities, such as manufacturers of personal...