The legal handling regarding infringement of industrial property rights, in particular patents, often raises the same questions to companies. Irrespective of being small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) or large groups, a patent holder or an alleged patent infringer - the legal challenges are the same for everyone.
- What are the benefits of Germany as a jurisdiction for commencing patent infringement proceedings?
- Are there any differences between infringement proceedings and proceedings concerning the validity of a patent?
- Is the patentee able to litigate everywhere in Germany in case of a patent infringement?
- What remedies are available for a patentee for patent infringement?
- What options are available for an alleged infringer as a defence?
- What are the approximate legal costs for infringement proceedings in first instance?
Our experts have dealt with these and many other questions. You can find their detailed answers here.