Chia-Ling is a Director of Singapore Law Practice, OC Queen Street LLC.
He supports digital innovation, investments and critical infrastructural transformation. Examples of digital projects:
- commercialisation of artificial intelligence neural network technology
- unified communications, which may include multi channel support for customer contact such as email, chat, voice, mobile and social media,
- core banking and trading systems
- satellite-based payment systems
- satellite-based transportation tracking systems
- collaboration between two gaming Asian giants transforming game from the web to mobile platform
- digital mobile payment systems
- high-profile IP/IT disputes involving digital innovation
Chia-Ling advises organisations on both contentious and non-contentious cyber security issues, data protection, data-mapping, data-governance, intellectual property management, validity and infringement, due-diligence, telecommunications and media regulations, competition, FinTech and payments financial regulations.
- Chia-Ling’s core areas of expertise lie in technology and dispute resolution. According to peers, he is ‘known for his strength as a technology practitioner. Chambers Asia Pacific 2016
- Praised by clients for having a “good balance of technology and legal skills”and for being a “good technology lawyer” in both IP and TMT Legal500 2016
- Chia-Ling “gains recognition for his ‘understanding of the technical aspect of disputes’. Corporation clients frequently rely on his expertise in cross border TMT litigation and data policy matters.” Chambers Asia Pacific 2015
- Chia-Ling “is prized for his commerciality: He is ‘able to understand the business context and provides advice that is to the point.” Chambers Asia Pacific 2014
- Chia-Ling has been consistently named as an “IP Star” by Managing IP.