Bas is managing partner and Head of Real Estate and Infrastructure at Osborne Clarke Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
He specializes in the civil law aspects of real property, with a focus on:
- (turnkey) acquisitions and disposals of real property (including sale and leaseback projects) from data room to deed of transfer;
- setting-up and (re)structuring of joint ventures;
- construction team agreements, building contracts, and design and build contracts (including FIDIC);
- Vinex residential development (designated by the government for future urban development) plan transfers;
- residential, retail and office development projects in both the private as the public sector;
- letting and leasing of commercial and retail premises, and residential dwellings.
Bas was admitted to the Dutch Bar Association in February 1999. He completed the post-doctoral Grotius Immovable Property program of study cum laude.
He is a member of several Real Estate groups in The Netherlands, the Association of Property Lawyers, the Association of Construction Law and the Association of Construction Law Lawyers.
Clients appreciate Bas for his pragmatic and business oriented approach. Bas is ranked in the Chambers Europe 2018. His clients admire his “high-quality knowledge and experience“.