Our data protection team advises on all aspects of data protection, data security and cybercrime, from the impact of European legislation to international data transfers and investigations by data protection authorities. Our focus is also on the use and exploitation of data: helping to make optimal use of data and facilitate data-driven business models.
Yet, we are not only doing data protection compliance work but we also have a market leading cyber and data security incident prevention and response team. We speak from experience and are battle hardened, having acted on many of the biggest cyber crises to hit the news in recent years. We are also representing clients in contentious data protection matters including administrative and court proceedings and defend them against investigations and order by data protection authorities as well as fines and other sanctions.
Our international team of specialist data, technology and disputes lawyers can help you to mitigate and manage cyber risk at all stages In special matters, we advise you in cooperation with our colleagues from other legal disciplines; for example, on the implementation of whistleblowing systems together with our colleagues from the fields of labour law and compliance, on data ownership issues together with our IP colleagues or in data protection disputes in combination with our litigation experts. The close cooperation avoids friction losses and guarantees uniform solutions from experts in the respective field. You receive international expertise from a single source.
Main focus of our activities:
- Design of data protection business processes and data protection management systems: e.g. development and improvement of data protection organization models, implementation of data protection audits, development of company-wide data protection compliance programs
- Representation before supervisory authorities and courts: e.g. assistance with official orders and controls as well as data breaches; representation in order and fine proceedings as well as court proceedings
- Advice on digital transformation projects: e.g. by designing data-driven business models, structuring data acquisition processes, supporting big data projects, designing data usage relationships (data licences), etc.
- Implementation of new data processing technologies: e.g. data protection compliant introduction of unified communications, cloud-based HR software, machine learning or facial recognition technologies
- Personalization and marketing: e.g. data protection compliant implementation of advertising and market research projects of all kinds including behavioral advertising, programmatic buying, development of cookie content solutions
- Data outsourcing and data transfers: e.g. implementation of data transfers on the basis of EU standard data protection clauses; development of framework agreement solutions and support in approval procedures for binding corporate rules (BCR)