Within the team we have Russian, Ukrainian and Georgian speakers. They include lawyers who have lived and worked in Russia for many years and understand the issues faced by companies and private investors doing business in the CIS.
We advise Russian companies and financial institutions, as well as individual entrepreneurs, on international legal and commercial issues. We also help our international clients target the CIS region, using our experience of practising in Russia and our extensive network of trusted contacts on the ground in the CIS.
Recently twice voted Law Firm of the Year, we are recognised for our innovation and our commitment to growth sectors. We’re also known for advising on issues at the cutting edge of the law across our many jurisdictions.
Whether you are a start-up entrepreneur or a multinational corporation, our CIS specialists will provide you with clear, commercial legal advice on a full range of business activities and issues, including:
- A cost-effective package of services to help your company to set up quickly
- Helping your business expand into and across Europe and internationally (using our presence in Silicon Valley, connections across the US and alliances in Asia)
- Protecting data and intellectual property, and advising on privacy laws
- Venture and growth capital investments and funding rounds
- Cross-border acquisitions and disposals
- Real estate, projects and infrastructure
- Specific regulatory requirements in key industry sectors
- International tax and wealth structuring
- Business and personal immigration
- International dispute resolution, including joint venture and shareholder disputes
- International enforcement and asset-tracing
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts for the supply of commodities
- Bilateral investment treaty arbitration and public international law
- Sanctions and anti-bribery regimes
Here are a few recent examples…
- Russian biotech joint venture
We helped our client with a US$100m private equity investment, patent licensing and joint venture with Russian state-owned institution.
- Supply agreement with Russian enterprise
We set up a US$90m agreement for the supply of industrial materials from Chelyabinsk.
- Telecoms sector acquisitions
We advised a Russian telecoms provider on a series of high-value broadband acquisitions.
We helped a Russian investor acquire a prime central London office building and redevelop it into luxury residential flats.
We advised a Russian high net worth individual on his move to the UK and helped establish an offshore trust structure.
We have acted in a number of high-value US$300m fraud multi-jurisdictional disputes and LCIA arbitrations in London.
We managed various arbitrations concerning commodities trading, with a total value of US$130m.
We acted in a £300m claim for breach of trust and misappropriation.
We helped our client resolve a US$200m dispute relating to an energy joint venture in LCIA and associated proceedings in Cyprus.