12th May 2016: International legal practice Osborne Clarke has reported a 23 per cent increase in global revenues, with income for 2015/16 of €236.3m.
In the UK, the firm saw an increase of 17 per cent in revenue from £96.5m in 2015 to £112.9m in 2016. Osborne Clarke’s sector groups account for over 90 per cent of UK revenues.
- Internationally: 13 lateral Partner hires and six partnership promotions
- The firm represents the most exciting start-up companies as well as many of the world’s leading technology companies such as Facebook and GoPro
- Advised real estate private equity firm, Niam, on the close of its €800m Nordic property fund – the largest fund of its kind
- Secured Google Ventures as a new client and advised on its lead role in the funding of music publishing firm, Kobalt Music
- Acted for long-standing client, Student Castle, on the sale of a £330million portfolio of student accommodation
- Advised Foresight Group, a leading independent infrastructure and private equity investment manager, on over 25 acquisitions worth £300m
- Acted for Acano (UK) Limited providing advice across seven offices on its $700m sale to Cisco Systems Inc
Ray Berg, UK managing partner, Osborne Clarke commented:
“We have had an exceptional track record for the last four years, with international revenues for the last year growing by 23 per cent, but we don’t plan on resting on our laurels. We will continue to build on the strong foundations of our business by developing our core areas, investing in our people, delivering on client promises, and expanding our business internationally.”
Simon Beswick, international CEO, Osborne Clarke, commented:
“We’ve invested strategically in our international growth by positioning ourselves as market leaders in the sectors affecting our clients. This approach has ensured both the success of our existing and new offices and contributed to our overall performance during the last year.”