Hari is Counsel at Singapore Law Practice, OC Queen Street LLC.
Harikumar joined OC Queen Street in September 2018, having helmed the Enforcement Division at the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (“CCCS”). He joined the CCCS in 2009 as a junior Assistant Director and rose through the ranks. Over the course of more than 9 years at the CCCS, Hari worked on and supervised notable investigations and decisions involving cartel conduct, abuse of market power, and mergers and acquisitions.
As Director of the Enforcement Division, Hari further supervised the Intelligence Unit and IT Forensics Taskforce, was responsible for managing leniency applications made to the CCCS, overseeing the secret complainant and reward schemes, planning and executing dawn raids, and recording investigative statements of persons under investigations. He also led teams involved in defending appeals brought against the CCCS’s decisions before the Competition Appeals Board. Prior to joining the CCCS, Hari served as a Justice’s Law Clerk at the Supreme Court of Singapore between 2006 to 2007 and worked at Drew & Napier LLC between 2008 to 2009.
Hari’s experience highlights include:
- Investigation against SISTIC.com Pte. Ltd. – CCCS’s first and only infringement decision for abuse of market power.
- Led the team that successfully defended the appeal brought by SISTIC.com Pte. Ltd.
- Investigation into global cartel of capacitor manufacturers for price-fixing and information exchange, leading to highest ever financial penalty to be imposed by the CCCS.
- Acquisition by Seek Asia Investments Pte. Ltd. Of the JobStreet Business – CCCS’s first merger clearance decision involving commitments.
- Investigation into 13 distributors of fresh chicken products for price-fixing and market-sharing.
- Led and supervised teams on the assessment of various alliance and joint venture agreements, including those between Singapore Airlines & Air New Zealand; Singapore Airlines and Scandinavian Airlines; and Singapore Airlines and Virgin Australia; and the MOU between various Music Publishers and COMPASS.