Join us for the next in our series of roundtable sessions covering law essentials for GCs at FinTechs and other fast growth organisations.
Following the great feedback and engagement we had from the “Corporate 101s” sessions we held previously with a small group of FinTech friends, we’ve decided to open up our FinTech GC Community, get more of you together and bring further hot topics to the table.
Our next topics in the series will include:
- Cyber incidents – Latest trends and best practice – 25 March
- Data protection – Topical issues for FinTechs – 22 April
- Growth capital or private equity – what’s the difference anyway? – 13 May
- Private Equity terms sheets – The essentials – 10 June
The hour-long sessions will be run with small groups of select, senior in-house lawyers from FinTechs to encourage group discussion. Our aim is to create an environment where no question feels too silly to ask. For now the roundtables will be virtual; in time we hope we will be able to meet around a real table (with breakfast!).
If you have any questions or issues on any of the topics we’re proposing to cover, we’d love for you to share them with us before the session so we can address them (on an anonymous basis if you ask us to!). You can do this by emailing the session leads. And if you have any ideas for further topics we’d love to hear about those too.
If you are interested in attending the next session, or any of the sessions, please get in touch here.
Data protection – Topical issues for FinTechs
This session will cover:
- The controller/processor distinction for financial services providers
- Dealing with transparency obligations in practice
- Navigating cross-border transfers
- Using threat information
- Behavioural biometrics as a means of authentication