Shaziya qualified as a solicitor in March 2014 and is a Senior Associate in the Contingent Workforce team.
Shaziya advises a variety of companies in the recruitment industry (ranging from staffing companies, umbrella companies, consultancies and online ‘people-services’ platforms) ensuring that advice is tailored specifically to the recruitment/people services industry. Shaziya also has advised a number of end-users who use contract workers and workers sourced via agencies.
Key issues that Shaziya and the Recruitment sector team advise on include:
- Strategic advice and business planning in consequence of the evolving regulatory issues affecting the recruitment/people services industry (such as tax legislation, government policy and employment status case law);
- Developing contractual structures, advising about risk (such as employment status, payment services, regulatory and tax risk) and drafting contracts for online people services platforms;
- Employment matters including drafting contracts and handbooks, tribunal claims and business protection issues;
- Corporate issues such as corporate structures, exit planning and M&A;
- Regulatory issues and investigations in relation to online ‘people services’ platforms and recruitment companies;
- Multi-jurisdictional projects and business planning (alongside local lawyers).