Deepa joined Osborne Clarke in 2009 (qualifying in March 2011) and is a Senior Associate in the Contingent Workforce team.
Deepa primarily advises companies in the recruitment industry (ranging from staffing companies, umbrella companies, consultancies and online ‘people-services’ platforms). Deepa also works with a number of end-users who use contract workers and workers sourced via agencies.
Deepa, as part of the Recruitment sector team at Osborne Clarke offers a full legal service to recruitment sector clients and ensures that advice is commercially sound and tailored specifically to the recruitment industry.
Key issues that Deepa and the Recruitment sector team advise on include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating candidate, client and supply chain contracts;
- Contractor issues and disputes;
- Strategic advice and business planning in consequence of the evolving regulatory issues affecting the recruitment industry (such as tax legislation and government policy);
- Employment matters including drafting contracts and handbooks, tribunal claims and business protection issues;
- Corporate issues such as corporate structures, exit planning and M&A;
- Developing contractual structures, advising about risk (such as employment status, payment services and regulatory risk) and drafting contracts for online platforms;
- Multi-jurisdictional projects and business planning (alongside local lawyers).